- Louisiana Saltwater fishing license
- Appropriate clothing for the forecasted weather (cold gear/rain gear)
- Hat/Polarized Sunglasses/Sunscreen
- Dramamine or Bonine if your susceptible to sea sickness (Bonine claims to be a less drowsy option)
- Insect repellent (Amber Romance by Victoria's secret) works wonders on the marsh knats
- Food/Snacks/Drinks (alcohol is allowed but we will keep it safe otherwise our trip will end early/no glass bottles please)
- Dry bag for your personal items (Dry storage is available on the boat however Captain Joey is not responsible for your items if they get wet).
- Life jackets for children under 17 years old (USCG approved type I, II, or III) *No inflatables for children 16 or younger *see note below
- Ice chest with ice to take your catch home with you (not needed on the boat)
- Your favorite rod & reel if you wish (I will provide you with a 13 Fishing Creed 3000 spinning reel loaded with 30lb braid and mounted to a custom built Capt. Joey Series 7’ Medium Light Palo Fishing Rod).
- Your good attitude, relax and remember your on vacation!
*Note – as most children are not used to wearing a life jacket for extended periods of time, it is recommended that you purchase a device that fits your child comfortably and you allow the child to wear it for extended play time to get acclimated to it prior to your trip.
Remember it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!